Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm down with the Bloggin!


So, I officially gave into the "Blog HYPE"! I have always heard people talking here and there about their Blog, or so & so's blog, but I honestly thought "What is so important about these peoples lives that they feel they need to write about it and post it on the Internet for other's to read?" Seriously, I am all for reading about people's lives and getting the dish on what they did over the past weekend, but I'm talking Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie here!!!

Well it was probably about 6 months ago when my cute sister-in-law Annie announced that she was starting a blog after she read one of her best friends blog and fell in LOVE with it! I told her that it was a great idea and it should be exciting and tons of fun.............FOR HER!!! Honestly I still didn't understand why people blog? Don't get me wrong, I love Jake and Annie, and my Beautiful Niece Gracie and Cute Garrett, but what are they doing that is so exciting? After Annie had started her Blog and was probably just a few postings into it, we had a good bye party for some friends who were moving out of the state. We were all sad and talking about how we were going to keep in touch with each other and know what's going on, especially when we all have kids and such busy lives. (Who has time to talk on the phone anymore or even check your PERSONAL email?) Of course Annie spoke up and suggested that we start a Blog! I was still a little close minded to the idea, and my friend had commented on how Blogs have seemed to become the Utah way for people to brag about their lives and how perfect it is.

After a few months of keeping up with Annie's Blogs and reading all the fun stories, I was really starting to warm up to this whole Blog thing. It was really crazy reading some of these stories about Gracie or Garrett, that I haven't already heard even though I do talk to Annie everyday. I feel like I am pretty close with my family and try to call them every day, if not every other, to say hi. I started to notice that we all rush our conversations and only call people to say what we need to say and that's it! We are all far too busy with our hectic lives and schedules to take a moment and brag to our friends about how great our family and life is and vice verse! I realized if I wasn't so busy with my own life I probably could of took a moment to listen to Annie talk about the kids rather than read it on her Blog. BUT....... Real Life sank in and I came to the acceptance, it wasn't that I didn't want to hear about Annie's family, it was that my own family had their lives going on at that exact moment too. I noticed that when I finally had a moment to breathe and actually have a conversation with someone, they had chaos at that moment and no time to talk. I would find myself on my downtime getting on my laptop and reading Annie's Blogs to "catch up".

Then I found out it gets even better!

Still not 100% on board with the Bloggin, Annie tells me that apparently there is a way to save all of your postings and pictures and print it out into a book! Since the day my son Turner was born I have always wanted to begin a journal of our family and everything we have done. THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO and 3 KIDS LATER!

Not very many of our parents recorded in a journal, the story of our family. How neat would it be to sit down and read about yours and your families whole life? From all the HUGE milestones in your life, like the day you were born to when you were baptised, or when you lost your first tooth. Even the little things like how one year for Christmas you got a fake piece of poop as a present from your prankster Uncle. (I will never forget Gracie's face when she opened that!) I thought how great would blogging be, not only to keep my family and friends updated on our lives, but to also make this into a journal for my children to enjoy 30 years down the road. Or 50 years down the road when me and Jed are no longer here to tell the stories and the kids don't remember, but they can read it to our grand kids.

So have I stated my case?

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha... Thanks for the tribute! LOL! I am sooo happy that you are bloggin now, your kids will thank you and so will I.

    So true how we don't have any extra time to hear about each others lives unless we are complaining.. you know what I mean! How sad!

    LOVE YOU! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so excited about this. It's going to be so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey E,
    Your Gypsy mom & Dad are on. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete